The Maine Fishermen’s Forum hosts fishermen, gear suppliers, scientists, government and other stakeholders to collaborate on all things fishing: markets, resource status, regulations, the latest in technology, the environment and more. If it’s of interest to the fishing industry, chances are you’ll find it here.
VISION of the Maine Fishermen’s Forum
We envision a world where:
- There is a healthy fishing industry engaged in stewardship and self-regulation, utilizing resources that are maintained at sustainable levels with continuous opportunity for independent fishermen to have responsible access to the commercial waterfront, the resources, and fishing grounds;
- Management decisions are made at as local a level as appropriate and are based upon a broad systems approach;
- The public and the industry are continuously informed in a constructive manner about the resources, the industry and their issues.
GOALS of the Maine Fishermen’s Forum
- An educated public and industry
- Interaction and sharing among industry, science, and managers
- An industry, the segments of which actively listen to one another and understand one another and each other’s particular issues. (This would include managers and the environmental community.)
- Enhanced networks and a sense of community.